Random Thoughts

I was playing background piano music for an art show last month and I started playing "The Rainbow Connection." It is impossible to feel like a serious musician while playing "The Rainbow Connection." I was really, really hoping someone I knew would walk in so they could hear how earnestly and sincerely I was playing it.

I find the phrase "light industrial" (as seen on zoning/for sale signs) strange. It makes me imagine an upper-class, pearl-wearing woman who just drops in occasionally and dabbles in a spot of welding or car repair.
I like braids and ponytails on little girls, but I especially like the strange actions they do with their heads so they can feel their hair swinging. When I was little I used to swish my braids around and say to my mom, "I'm an egg!" (??)
This look is such a classic Junie-face. ^^ She's been doing it ever since she was a baby.
 The skies this month and last have been spectacular. I guess August doesn't have a monopoly on good clouds!
Daisy dressed herself up as a Penguin Scientist going to Antarctica to study penguins. It makes me hot just to look at her. Glad she's got her Blankie tied on there too.

Seb's been totally immersed in electronics for the past several months. This means that most electronic things we own have been various states of disassembly and I'm always stepping on tiny, tiny screws. On the upside, he's somehow managed to fix my bedroom clock, my metronome, and the kids' room fan remote control. 

I find great satisfaction in telling Abe I'm giving him "the opportunity" to change Goldie's diaper.

Overheard recently:

Abe: "My hair would taste terrible!"
Daisy: (singing) "My hair would taste hairible, hairible, hairible!"

Junie: (sniffing sadly) "Mommy, Daisy keeps saying 'theobroma cacao' while I'M trying to say it!"

Malachi: "You don't really have to be a strong MAN to resist scratching your sunburn. You just need strong willpower. Luckily . . . I have it."

Junie: "I can’t open the gate! I’m full of hands!"

1 comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top